Owning a pet in Pattaya is easier than you think. What could be more comforting than enjoying the view from your luxury condo, looking out onto the pristine beach and beyond to the endless sapphire of sparkling ocean, knowing that your lifestyle with your favourite animal is fully supported and enhanced by the building you live in? Condominiums in Pattaya – especially the Riviera Wong Amat and the Reflection development – are excellent choices for pet friendly condos in Pattaya at ensuring that your transition to residing, either periodically or permanently, in Thailand with your beloved animal is uncomplicated and effortless.
In Pattaya, it is understood that pets are cherished and delicate things that need a lot of love and attention. Therefore, it is important to consider some of the rules of pet owning before you arrive. Following these general rules will allow for peaceful co-existence with you and your neighbours.
Six Steps to Raising Pets in Condos
- Choose the right animal – In order for your pet to have the best quality of life, veterinarians and animal hospital specialists advise that you choose a pet best suited to condominium living. As a condo may not have as much space as a house, your pet must have enough space to feel comfortable. It is also important to note that no farming, poultry, crawling reptile or ferocious beast are permitted as pets.
- Prepare space and equipment – Your pet must have all the equipment they need in order to keep the space clean and tidy. This includes a bed and toilet space as well as cleaning supplies in case of accidents. For each pet, 50 square meters of space is needed. Two pets, 100 square meters, for three, 150 square meters. If you have more than three, please talk to the juristic person of the development.
- Correct training and behaviour – The best pets are well-behaved pets. It is important that your pet practices sitting, waiting, socialising agreeably with others, and are quiet. It is also mandatory for owners to carry the necessary items to clean up properly after their pet in public.
- Know the rules of the condo for peaceful co-existence – It is important that everyone feels at home where they live, so be considerate of the spaces and places in your condo where pets are prohibited. There are pet-friendly zones where you and your pets can enjoy each other’s company and socialise. Pets must be kept on leads at all times in these spaces.
- Healthy and happy – You must get a certificate of health from a standard veterinarian to show that your pet is strong and in good condition. This certificate must be provided when registering your pet and must be valid for no longer than thirty days prior from the date of registration.
- Register your pet – Register your pet with your juristic officer. This is renewed annually.
Specific Pet Policies in Each Development
Following the rules above leads to happy animals and happy neighbours. To make sure you experience the most harmonious living, both Riviera and Reflection have the following guidelines: in Riviera it is required that your pet weigh no more than 8kg when fully grown. In Reflection, it is required that your pet must be no more than 15kg when fully grown.
In Riviera, your pet is allowed in pet-friendly spaces such as all the communal areas. Reflection offers designated areas for you and your pet to hang out and socialize. It is advised to keep pets out of areas which include swimming pool, the fitness facilities, libraries and sauna.
Both developments require pets to be kept on leads at all times when out of your condo. It is also expected that you are solely responsible for the care of your pet.
There are many great and wonderful things to do and see with your pet in Pattaya. The local area is friendly and fun and you will meet many like-minded pet owners. Strolling down the sun-drenched streets is certainly beautiful. There are many delicious places to eat where you can sit with your pet overlooking the gorgeous beaches and tropical ocean.
If walking is a favourite pass time for you and your pet then taking a trip up to Pattaya View Point, located at the southern end of Pattaya beach, is a must. The adventurer and sidekick will be rewarded with amazing views of the surrounding area. If this gets a little hot for your favourite pooch, why not take a dash into the dazzling sea by the nearbyFri beaches of Jomtien, Dongtan and Pattaya. Or, alternatively, into the local dog friendly bio-pool.
Perhaps your pet prefers to be pampered rather than out on an adventure. In that case, Pattaya is home to top-class grooming salons where you can leave your four-legged friend to be indulged and rejuvenated. Once preened and pampered your pet is ready to meet others and have a good time. There are pet areas in condo developments where you can socialise with other breeds which always promise a good time for everyone. Public parks in Thailand usually indicate whether or not domestic animals are allowed entry, and if so ask that you keep your pet on a lead. Domestic animals are not allowed into national parks or sanctuaries.
Owning a condo in Pattaya can come with some exciting benefits from local and international businesses. There are a range of discounts on offer so that you and your pet can make the most of the pet parks, pools, and pet friendly cafes. On top of this there are discounts for local and internationally renowned pet shops where you can purchase top of the range pet luggage for your pet to travel in style, as well as beautifully crafted dog houses and cat scratchers so your pet can benefit from great stimulation and comfort in your condo.
All pet owners want their pet to be as happy as can be, so making sure they get the right nutrients is essential. Happily, when living in a condo in Pattaya some can offer discounts on the best pet stores to ensure that you have access to the essential products including personalised prescription pet food, holistic pet food, snacks, vitamins and supplements.
There are many perks to Pattaya condo living with your pet that there will never be a dull day. You and your pet will experience exhilarating adventures together whether in the tranquillity of your condo or out in the friendly neighbourhood.
Getting Your Pet to Thailand
Bringing your pet to Thailand from home, or another country, is straightforward. Firstly, you will need to obtain an Import Permit before your departure. To do this email your request with the subject “Request an Import Permit” to the email address email@example.com along with the following documents:
- A copy of the shipper’s passport – the person who will ship/export pets from the country of origin. Noting on the document that “This is the shipper.”
- A copy of the pickup person’s passport. Noting on the document that “This is the pickup person.”
- Proof of vaccination
- The county of origin address – where the pets will be shipped from.
- The Thailand address – where the pets will be staying.
- Flight itinerary for the pets, including flight number and arrival times.
The permit issuance process will take at least three business days. Along with this documentation, you must provide a health certificate in English for your pet, which is signed and endorsed by a veterinary official of the government of the supporting country.
Vaccinations for your pet are an important part of the procedure. You must vaccinate your pet at least twenty-one days prior to your departure. Dogs require five vaccines which include Rabies, Leptospirosis, Distemper, Hepatitis, and Parvovirus. Cats are required to have two which include Rabies and Feline Panleukopenia Virus (FPV). For dogs who have not had the Leptospirosis vaccine, a negative test must be provided no more than thirty days prior to departure.
Rabbits must adhere to the same requirements above. Birds, tropical fish, invertebrates, reptiles, amphibia, and mammals such as rodents are not subjected to requirements of rabies vaccination, but should have a health certificate and may have other requirements to meet before entering Thailand. You should seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and that of the country of destination.
As you can see, it is relatively simple to import your pet to Thailand. Be aware that your pet must be at least four months old before they are allowed in the country as the Thai authorities do not allow any animal to be vaccinated against rabies before that age. You cannot import American Staffordshire Terrier and Pit Bull Terrier into Thailand. Please seek professional advice before importing any Pit Bull breed variant.
Buying a Pet in Thailand
If you would like to purchase a pet whilst in Thailand, make sure that you have registered your pet no longer than thirty days after purchase. Inform your development juristic officer and follow the guidelines above to make sure that you chose the best pet for you and condo living.
Threats to Pets
Thailand is home to some of the most beautiful creatures and plants on earth. Its richly diverse fauna and flora is unique and some cannot be found anywhere else on the planet. However, it is wise to be vigilant of animals such as snakes, scorpions, centipedes and spiders as these can cause painful bites and stings and in extreme cases lead to hospitalisation. However, you must take care when out walking on rough tracks, the condos are low-risk areas for these incidents.
Service or Guide Dogs
Both Reflection and Riviera are open to accommodating those who need the aid of service or guide dogs and are able to provide the best experience for both owner and dog. In these instances, pet prohibited areas are open to the service or guide dogs of owners who need them. Advise your juristic officer in advance to your needs.
Knowing that condo pet policy in these developments is simple and easy to understand and follow makes it the perfect place to visit, or relocate to, with your pets. It offers unbridled luxury in a place of outstanding natural beauty where a metropolitan lifestyle balances seamlessly with a rich cultural history and beautiful wildlife. Home to open, warm people those who follow the policies set out by condo developments will find that their days some of the happiest and most content yet. For more information about the Pattaya condo pet policies please talk to your development lead or specified development authority.